The Psychotherapy Institute (TPI) is a non-profit, member-led organization of mental health professionals dedicated to the study and practice of therapy in the psychodynamic tradition. TPI provides post-graduate training, opportunities for professional development, and affordable psychotherapy through its Community Clinic.
The Psychotherapy Institute's Principles:
- TPI is dedicated to creating a diverse, affiliative professional community which values teaching, study, mentoring and volunteer service.
- TPI encourages and offers high-quality training for therapists at all levels of experience.
- TPI provides affordable, depth psychotherapy through our Community Clinic in Berkeley.
- TPI strives to stay true to its founding members vision of volunteer service in teaching, supervision and organizational leadership.
- TPI is committed to the exploration of multiple psychodynamic perspectives and the application of these perspectives in all that we do as an organization.
- TPI values multiculturalism in its membership, clientele and study of ideas.
- TPI believes that on-going professional training is essential to the future of the mental health profession.
- TPI supports the exploration of the unconscious mind as fundamental to richer self-understanding and increased personal fulfillment.
Members and representatives of TPI agree to abide by these principles and all rules and regulations governing non-profit organizations including non-discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.