Saturday, May 6, 2023, at 9:00 am to 1:00 pm PST. Live Webinar.
Save the Date:
The Group Therapy Training Program’s Annual Symposium:
Group Work in the Treatment of Trauma
across Diverse Populations
This year’s Group Therapy Training Program Symposium will bring together a panel of practitioners with expertise in using group work as a modality for treating trauma. These practitioners work with a diverse range of populations across a variety of treatment settings.
Details to come soon!
There will be a moderator, along with 3-4 panelists. The moderator will help structure the conversation and will frame their questions for the panelists around these guiding questions:
- What are the unique benefits of using group work in treating trauma?
- Describe your therapeutic approach in leading groups for trauma survivors–what theories have been most impactful in shaping your approach to this work?
- What are some of the factors unique to the population that you serve that have shaped the way you approach group work?
- What are the most important lessons you’ve learned as a group therapist in terms of providing meaningful group experiences for trauma survivors?
- Please share a vignette that helps elucidate the potential benefit and challenges of providing group trauma treatment to the population that you serve. Please describe specific group interventions you might use in the groups you lead.
- Participants will be able to discuss the unique benefits of using group work in the treatment of trauma
- Participants will be able to describe diverse therapeutic approaches in leading groups for trauma survivors
- Participants will be able to explain specific group interventions they might use in the groups they lead
- Participants will be able to describe the potential benefit and challenges of providing group trauma therapy with diverse populations.
Date & Time: Saturday, May 6, 2023, from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm PST. Live Webinar.
Zoom invite will be sent out a few days before the course date.
Location: Virtual format—Zoom
Contact Administrative Coordinator Sierra Wilson with any questions or concerns: email@example.com.
CE: 4 Credits. $5 additional fee per CE credit (i.e. 4 CE credits is $20 total). Attendees must participate in live sessions to receive CE's.The Psychotherapy Institute is approved by the California Psychological Association to provide continuing professional education for psychologists, LMFTs, LCSWs, and LPCCs (provider number PSY005). The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts continuing education credit granted by the California Psychological Association or by any of its Approved Providers. The Psychotherapy Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content. (see Registration and Course Policies).
Registration will open soon!